POM Wonderful recently gave a few bloggers the opportunity to try out their new POM POMs Fresh Arils. Mine arrived just in time for Christmas weekend. They were a delicious addition to our family meals, and were great conversation starter throughout the weekend.
The POM POMs Fresh Arils are available nationwide now through February. At the end of this article is a link to get a $1.00 off your next purchase of POM POMs Fresh Arils!
I found this in my Facebook notes from 2009. I wanted to cite where I originally got it from, but it seems the site doesn’t exist anymore. Still a fun concept, and if you’re the originator, please let me know!
- If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.
- If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.
- If a friend comes over while you’re making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend’s first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.
- Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
- Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.
- Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five – one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones! (Eeek! Check out my Candy Cane Blossom for Red & Green Cookies)
- Cookies eaten while watching “Miracle on 34th Street” have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one’s personal fuel.
- As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes calorie leakage
- Any cookies consumed from someone else’s plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!
So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies – we only get them this time of year!
Here’s my favorite cookie recipes :
Tis the season for baking again! I was on the hunt for a recipe I could do with the kids that was easy and festive. I found myself searching Hershey’s website for cookie recipes and that’s when my eye caught this holiday cookie. I knew I *had* to do it because they looked so cute with the red/white/green.