Quick and Easy Sweet Cornbread
This is probably the quickest oven to blog post I’ve ever done, but it was so good I had to share! We were eating some leftover beef stew tonight for dinner and I was hungry for some bread, but there wasn’t enough time for it. So since I was trying to get rid of a bunch of the corn meal we had in the freezer (leftover from sweet pregnant cravings), I thought why not cornbread? I went searching for my favorite cornbread recipe that was bookmarked on my husband’s computer, but it wasn’t there! Oh no!!!
Never fear, there’s always another recipe to try….to tweak…insert evil laughter here! I found another recipe, and oh…it was perfect! Not too sweet, very moist and just perfect amount of cornmealiness. I would love to try this with some chili. I think we’re going to have some for dessert too, and who knows if there’s some left for breakfast!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal -- Note: If using self rising corn meal, use about half the amount of baking powder
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (or ⅓ cup applesauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9" pie dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
https://www.thesugarpixie.net/2009/12/08/quick-and-easy-sweet-cornbread/Quick and Easy Sweet Cornbreadhttps://www.thesugarpixie.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/cornbread.jpghttps://www.thesugarpixie.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/cornbread-300x300.jpgRecipesBaking,bread,easy,sweetThis is probably the quickest oven to blog post I've ever done, but it was so good I had to share! We were eating some leftover beef stew tonight for dinner and I was hungry for some bread, but there wasn't enough time for it. So since I was...thesugarpixie email@example.comAdministratorThe Sugar Pixie