Blogging has sort of taken a back burner, even though I have been working behind the scenes fully intending to post something. When push comes to shove, here I am! I am hoping this next post is followed up quickly with a post about my friend’s 40th birthday party I cooked for! Without further adieu, I bring you….Banana Muffins!
Instead of giving handouts at the MOMS club meeting tomorrow I thought it would be best to introduce my talent: baking, by making some muffins and blogging about it. Baking and blogging is just one of the many things I do and everyone is simply fascinated by homemade treats. Homemade doesn’t mean you have to be in your home all day. Would you believe me that I made 4 1/2 dozen mini muffins in about 45 minutes on a Sunday night?
This is one of my favorite banana bread recipes and for the sake of demonstration and sharing I made these mini size. As usual, I also had to tweak the recipe to see if I could make some healthier substitutions, and thankfully it all turned out fine!
- Mini-muffin pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¼ cup Butter or solid Vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ - 1 cup Mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Baking Powder
- 1¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Nuts (optional)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, mix together butter, applesauce and sugar.
- With the mixer running, add in one egg at a time until incorporated.
- Mix in the mashed banana until blended together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together: baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, nuts and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly. The dough will be sticky.
- Spray the mini-muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray OR use muffin liners if you want.
- Using a 1 Tbs measuring spoon, portion into each of the cups.
- Bake between 10-12 minutes. The muffins will puff up slightly but any longer than 12 minutes and you may overcook the muffins.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool slightly before inverting the muffins onto a cooling rack.
https://www.thesugarpixie.net/2010/06/14/mini-banana-muffins/https://www.thesugarpixie.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/minimuffins.jpghttps://www.thesugarpixie.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/minimuffins-300x300.jpgRecipesBanana,bread,easy,healthy,kids,mini,muffins,quickBlogging has sort of taken a back burner, even though I have been working behind the scenes fully intending to post something. When push comes to shove, here I am! I am hoping this next post is followed up quickly with a post about my friend's 40th birthday party...thesugarpixie firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorThe Sugar Pixie