Cherry Changa Dip with Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Chips
Our girls love My Little Pony and ever since they saw the episode about Chimi Cherry or Cherry Changa – they wanted to make some. I decided I would surprise the girls with these as a treat on Cinco de Mayo. I first did a trial run with some friends at an early Cinco de Mayo party using a portion of the filling as Cherry Changa Dip.
In my mind I was thinking instead of straight cherry pie filling, a lightly sweetened cheese base would be a good compliment. I saw a few cherry cheesecake dip recipes online, but most of them had marshmallow fluff/creme in them. Personally, I’m not a fan of fluff so I substituted some Cool Whip into the recipe instead.
To round out the Cherry Changa experience, I served the dip with homemade cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips. Next post, I turn this filling into Cherry Changas!
So what do you prefer? ChimiCherry or CherryChanga? Who’s your favorite pony? I love Rainbow Dash!
It may not look appetizing, but the colors are really pretty!
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (can use less if pie filling is sweet)
- ¼ cup Cool Whip
- Zest of one Lemon
- Splash of Milk
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling (I had a large can and didn't use all of it)
- 4 – 8″ plain Tortillas
- Canola spray
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon-Sugar mixture
- Two baking sheets
- In food processor mix zest, cool whip, milk, cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- Pulse a few spoonfuls of whole cherries and liquid filing from pie filling – to your liking. (Chunky or smooth)
- Spread in serving dish and top with whole cherries from pie filling.
- Pre-heat oven to broil, LOW.
- Make four cuts into the tortillas to divide into eight triangles
- Place tortillas on baking sheet
- Lightly spray with canola oil
- Sprinkle tortilla triangles with cinnamon sugar
- Bake in oven at a low broil for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
https://www.thesugarpixie.net/2013/05/06/cherry-changa-dip-with-cinnamon-sugar-tortilla-chips/https://www.thesugarpixie.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CherryChimi_Dip.jpghttps://www.thesugarpixie.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CherryChimi_Dip-300x300.jpgRecipescherry,cinnamon,cream cheese,dessert,dip,fruit,halloween,my little pony,sugar,tortillaOur girls love My Little Pony and ever since they saw the episode about Chimi Cherry or Cherry Changa - they wanted to make some. I decided I would surprise the girls with these as a treat on Cinco de Mayo. I first did a trial run with some...thesugarpixie email@example.comAdministratorThe Sugar Pixie